The leaves are changing colors, the breeze is picking up, and it is almost time to put on our sweaters. These are all wonderful things that come with fall, but do you know what else fall signals?
You may have guessed it, the holidays are coming. Not just any holiday, but my favorite. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because people get together with no other expectation than to visit and eat good food.
As Thanksgiving approaches you are going to find great deals in the stores and great coupons as well.
So you can begin to shop the sales and buy extra items that you might need as they come on sale. Also, a lot of stores run specials around Thanksgiving where if you spend so much money in their store, then they give you coupons for money off. I love this because I’m able to save a lot around the holidays.
Whether you coupon or not, we can all shop sales. When you see a great deal, then swoop down on it and start stockpiling for your Thanksgiving meal.
Stretch Your Food Budget By Using Save-A-Lot Weekly Sales Ad
First, plan your meals around the deals in your store’s weekly ad. This can help save a few extra dollars on your food budget.
Second, remember One chicken can go a long way — an entire week of meals, to be exact. … By using the thighs, wings, breasts, and even the carcass, you can turn one whole chicken into several meals for the week. And for less than $5.00 for a whole chicken at Save-A-Lot this week, you can create a few different meals.
Third, try cooking chuck steak and incorporate it into a rich shepherd’s pie or pot pie. And you can do double duty and make a thick gravy from any leftover braising liquid. Shred steak and mix with a tomato salsa or salsa verde for fajitas.
Make Recipes That Contain Similar Ingredients
For Instance, if Save-A-Lot has a sale on rice or potatoes, I try to incorporate those ingredients into my recipes so I don’t have to buy a lot of different ingredients to make 5 different meals.
Before I meal plan, I take note of what I already have in my refrigerator and pantry that needs to be used up. Sometimes I have enough to make up a meal or two for the upcoming week, and sometimes I at least have an ingredient or two that I no longer need to add to my list.
Check out the Save-A-Lot Weekly Ad 9/9/20 – 9/15/20
The Save-A-Lot weekly ad starts on different days depending on the region. We will post the Ad scan and the full list of Save-A-Lot Coupon Match-ups on one page using coupons to help you save money! Scroll below the Ad Scan to see the Coupon Matchups!
Below is the latest Save-A-Lot Ad Scan and best deals using coupons to save money! Remember Save-A-Lot Weekly Ad starts on different days depending on region.
- Beefsteak Tomatoes 4 pack $1.69
- Gold Potatoes 5lb bag $2.99
- Head Lettuce $1.39
- Mandarin Oranges 3lb bag $3.79
- Red Seedless Grapes $.99/lb
- Coburn Farms Yogurt $1.99
Meat & Deli
- Farmington Bratwurst 2/$5.00
- Farmington Italian Sausage 2/$5.00
- Bone-in Assorted Pork Loin Chops $1.49/lb
- Fresh Bone-in Center Cut Pork Chops $2.99/lb
- Boneless Beef Chuck Steaks $3.99/lb
- Whole Chicken Fryers $.99/lb
- Oscar Mayer Oven Roasted Turkey Breast $3.49
- Sugardale Bacon 2/$7.00
- Pickwell Farms Vegetable Steam Bags $1.49
- Pickwell Farms Whole Kernel Corn Steam Bags $1.09
- Totino’s Pizza Rolls $9.49
- Portside Cooked Shrimp $6.99
- Xtra Laundry Detergent $4.99
Drinks & Snacks
- Bud Light Seltzer Variety 12 pack $9.99
- Carlo Rossi 3/$10.00
- Chi Chi’s Authentic Tortilla Chips $3.49
- Frito-Lay Multipacks $6.49
- Keebler Treats Variety Pack $9.99
- Little Debbie Big Packs 2/$6.00
- Pepsi Products 6 pack 2/$5.00
- Quaker Chewy Granola Bars $3.99 -$1/2 Quaker Chewy granola bars, SS 08/02 (exp 9/13)
- Welch’s Fruit Snacks $6.79
Condiments & Sauces
- Sweet Baby Ray’s Original BBQ Sauce $3.49
- Campbell’s Chicken Noodle Soup 4 pack $3.89
- Fruit Cocktail Sliced or Sliced Peaches (Pickwell Farms) $.99
- Golden Sweet Kernel Corn (Pickwell Farms) $.49
- Tomato Sauce (Pickwell Farms) $.29
Dry Packaged Goods
- Coffeemate Original Coffee Creamer $4.99
- Kraft Macaroni & Cheese 5 pack $4.49
- Maxwell House Original Roast Coffee $9.49
- Nutsome Peanut Butter $3.89
- Pickwell Farms Applesauce $1.49
- Sunny D Tangy Original $2.99