Save-A-Lot Meal Plan Week of 3/20/19 – 3/26/19
It’s your easy Save-A-Lot meal plan for the week of 3/20/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking!
We’re all looking for ways to trim the budget. Meal planning and working around sales are great ways to save money.
I know meal planning is hard for a lot of people, so I went ahead and did the leg work for you!
ONE WEEK Save-A-Lot MEAL PLAN
- 100% real food recipes that are simple, straight-forward and family-friendly.
- Recipes that are quick to make, and all of them can be made in under an hour.
- A few store-bought items for things I typically make from scratch. Feel free to make these things from scratch if you prefer.
- A plan that comes in under $60 for a family of four!
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- Pantry basics like cooking oil & butter, condiments, and spices.
- Precautions for food allergies. My family is blessed to not have food allergies, so I don’t plan for them in my meal plans.
Here’s what’s on the menu with the list of items that you will need. Remember these prices will be available starting 3/20/19. Stay tuned for the recipes!
Ingredients on sale
- 2 lbs ground beef $2.99 lb
- Whiting fillets 4 lbs $9.99
- Gulf shrimp with Scampi butter $5.99
- 2 cans Pickwell Farms corn $.49 ea
- 6 cans Pickwell Farms potatoes $.69 ea
- 4 lbs Pork Chops $1.89 lb
- 2 Coburn Farms Cheese cubes 1.99 ea
- Senora Verde Salsa $1.29 ea
- 1 Pkg PASTA RONI® Corkscrew with Four Cheeses $.89
Total for all items on my list: $40.80+ tax. Plenty of wiggle room for those items not on the list.
Or, maybe less…
These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s Save-A-Lot purchases with meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you have on hand. Let me know if you give it a try!
Ingredients not on sale
- spaghetti pasta
- evaporated milk
Do you have any inexpensive meal ideas you can shop for at Save-A-Lot? Or ideas for using up the leftover ingredients? Share your ideas in the comments below!
Share with someone who may like this…