Pan-Seared Ribeye with Garlic Butter makes a perfect home-cooked meal for two. Ribeye steaks are seasoned and pan seared in a cast iron skillet, then finished with a rich and flavorful garlic herb butter.
Ribeye Steak topped with Garlic Butter
When I want to treat myself to a truly indulgent dinner I make this Ribeye Steak topped with Garlic Butter. This pan seared ribeye recipe is so quick and easy plus it’s The Best Way To Cook Ribeye, in my humble opinion.
- large cast iron skillet
- 2 1.5 in Ribeye Steaks
- 3-4 Tbsp Oil
- Garlic Butter:
- 1/4 Cup Softened Butter
- 20 cloves Garlic 3 grated, leave the rest whole
- black pepper
- Prep garlic butter by mixing butter, grated garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Generously salt both sides of ribeye steaks and let sit at room temp for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat oil in large cast iron pan over medium/high heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Sear steaks on each side for 3-4 minutes. Do not move once placed into pan or flipped. Also do not crowd pan, 1-2 steaks only depending on size.
- Just before removing steaks from pan top with a dollop of garlic butter and let it melt on top. Transfer steaks to cutting board and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Optional: While steaks are resting add garlic cloves to hot pan while still on hot burner (or reduce heat if using gas range) to cook in the oil and butter. Stir every minute or so until golden brown. Serve with steaks.