Penne with Tomato and Smoked CheeseCourse: DinnerCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
Here’s a smokin’ speedy casserole with just four ingredients! Use the do-ahead tip to make it even faster.
3 cups uncooked penne pasta (9 oz)
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cups Alfredo pasta sauce
1 cup shredded smoked mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 1 1/2-quart casserole with cooking spray. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat tomatoes to boiling. Reduce heat to medium; cook uncovered 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until liquid has evaporated.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat Alfredo sauce over medium-low heat until warm. Stir in cheese until melted. Mix sauce, pasta and tomatoes. Pour into casserole.
- Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until hot in center.
- When you need a meal that’s quick and easy, assemble this dish the night before and refrigerate overnight. Bake as directed.