This Glazed Chicken recipe is ridiculously easy, super tasty, and the Sweet brown sugar is the base of the glaze, which helps keep the chicken nice and moist. The recipe uses common pantry items, which makes this perfect for a weeknight dinner. Served with mashed sweet potatoes, this is a Sunday dinner in a 30 minute meal package.
Brown Sugar Glazed Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lbs chicken breast or thighs
- 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 can yams in syrup drained
- 1 pinch cinnamon for yams
- 1 pinch butter for yams
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Combine the paprika, salt, cinnamon, cumin, and pepper in a bowl. Rub the mixture over the chicken breasts and place them on the baking sheet. Position the baking sheet in the upper one-third of the oven and bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the brown sugar and butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, until butter melts and the mixture is well combined.
- After the chicken has baked for 15 minutes, brush it with the brown sugar glaze and bake 5 minutes longer. Brush the chicken again and bake until cooked through, about 5 more minutes.
- Heat the yams in a saucepan until heated through. Mash with a fork then lightly coat with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve the chicken with the yams while hot.