Banana Cream Poke Cake
Best Banana Pudding Poke Cake is an easy original recipe made with cake mix poked with banana pudding, topped with Whipped Cream and crushed Wafers!
- 8 oz Coburn Farms Creamy Whip Whipped Topping $0.89
- 16.5 oz Ginger Evans Cake MIx $0.99
- 2 pkgs Gingers Evans Instant Banana pudding $0.50
- 1/2 cup oil
- 48 oz Crisco Vegetable or Canola Oil $1.99
- 2 cups milk
- 2 large bananas
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- Bake the cake according to package directions for a 13×9 inch pan. Let the cake cool for 15 minutes, then poke holes in the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Space the holes less than 1 inch apart and make sure they’re pretty deep. Combine one box of pudding mix and 2 cups of milk in a large mixing bowl (preferably one with a spout).
- Using a whisk beat the pudding just until smooth – -about a minute. Pudding should still be thin and runny.
- Carefully pour the pudding into the holes. Do this slowly until holes are completely filled, but pudding is not flowing all over the top of the cake.
- Put the cake in the refrigerator and chill for about an hour.
- Remove cake from fridge. Slice the bananas and lay them on top of the pudding layer.
- Frost with cool whip and return to the refrigerator and let the chill until ready to serve.