I think people love the thigh meat because it’s super flavorful, but they just aren’t as familiar with cooking them as they are the breast meat. Luckily, it’s an incredibly easy process that takes only a few minutes of prep and then the thighs bake up to crispy tender perfection on a sheet pan.
I hope you guys enjoy this simple chicken recipe as much as my family does! As always, leave me a comment if you have additional questions, I’m happy to answer them!
Baked Chicken Thighs
- 2 lbs chicken thighs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp whole grain dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place thighs in a baking dish. Season chicken thighs on all sides with garlic powder and onion flakes.
- Bake chicken in the preheated oven until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).