Asiago Chicken Pasta
Asiago Chicken Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Spinach – with everything smothered in a delicious Asiago cheese sauce. Easy recipe that tastes great and looks great.
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 1/3 cups sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 lbs chicken breasts
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cups Asiago cheese shredded
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups spinach fresh
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, rinse.
- Use sun-dried tomatoes in oil – if the sun-dried tomatoes are too big, chop them into smaller bites.
- Heat sun-dried tomatoes (cut them) in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and chopped garlic on medium heat. Add chopped chicken breast to the sun-dried tomatoes and oil – generously season the chicken in the skillet with salt and paprika. Cook chicken until it's cooked through completely.
- To the same skillet with chicken and sun-dried tomatoes, add 1 cup of half and half and 1/4 teaspoon salt – bring to boil. Add 1/2 cup of grated Asiago cheese (half of what the recipe calls for) and stir for about 30 seconds to melt the cheese. Reduce the heat from boil to medium and continue stirring to make sure all cheese melts. At this point, if the sauce is too thin, gradually add the remaining 1/2 of Asiago cheese on medium heat, constantly stirring all around the skillet.
- If the sauce gets too thick, add another 1/3 cup of half and half and stir.
- Taste the sauce – if 1/4 teaspoon salt was not enough, add more.
- Add cooked and drained pasta to the sauce. Add spinach, mix everything – cover with the lid and let the pasta sit to allow spinach to wilt, on low simmer. After spinach has wilted, stir everything together to combine, taste and add more salt, if needed.