Asiago Chicken Pasta
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves only
- 2 oz Asiago cheese shredded
- 1 lb boneless chicken cutlets
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 oz presliced baby portabellas
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 9 oz fresh linguine pasta
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock or broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- Remove thyme leaves from stem. Grate cheese (1/3 cup).
- Season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; coat chicken with flour on both sides, shaking off any excess (wash hands).
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil and butter in pan; cook chicken 2–3 minutes on each side or until browned and 165°F. Remove chicken from pan.
- Place mushrooms, garlic, thyme, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in pan; cook and stir 2 minutes. Cut pasta in half.
- Stir in stock, half-and-half, and pasta; cook and stir 3–4 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in cheese and spinach; cook 1 minute or until cheese melts. Serve chicken over pasta.