- 2 cans new potatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small onion
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 pork chops
1. Position rack in top third of oven. Preheat broiler to high. Drain and rinse potatoes.
2. Mince garlic. Peel and finely chop onion.
3. Heat a medium oven-proof skillet over medium-high. Add butter, then garlic and onion. Cook until onion has softened, about 3 minutes.
4. Add flour, stirring constantly, until lightly golden, about 2 minutes.
5. Slowly add milk, whisking until smooth. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium-low.
6. Add thyme, pepper and salt.
7. Add potatoes to pan, pushing them down with a wooden spoon. Cook until warmed through, about 2 minutes.
8. Top with cheese.
9. Broil until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Top with more thyme.
- Pork Chops
- Combine flour, seasoning salt, salt and pepper in a paper or plastic bag. Place pork chops into the bag, and shake to coat. When the oil is nice and hot, shake off excess flour from pork chops, and fry in the hot oil. Cook on each side for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden on the outside, and juices run clear.