Canned corned beef used to be inexpensive and something to have in the pantry to fall back on.
This is an easy 30 minute meal to feed a family. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!
Don’t forget the tostones and garlic sauce? Serve with the corned beef and rice…..Que bueno!
1 can corned beef
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp oil
1 packet of Sazon seasoning with Achiote
2 TBSP sofrito (homemade or store bought)
4 oz of tomato sauce
1./4 cup water
salt and pepper to taste
cooked rice for serving
cooked french fries for serving
- Place the oil and the sofrito in a pan and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, sazón packet, water and simmer for about 5 minutes
- Add the corned beef, mix to incorporate it and simmer for 20 – 25 minutes
- Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper if required
- Typically the corned beef is served with white rice and french fries.