Honey Garlic Soy Sauce Chicken
Honey Garlic Soy Sauce Chicken is an epic 12 minute chicken breast recipe with a magic ingredient Honey Garlic Sauce! This is a terrific back pocket quick dinner idea for busy nights that’s made with pantry staples. It’s quite amazing how so few ingredients can transform into such a tasty sauce for chicken!
BONUS: This can be made with any protein – beef, pork, lamb, shrimp/prawns, even tofu!
Honey Garlic Soy Sauce ChickenCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This honey garlic soy sauce chicken recipe is quick, easy, flavorful, and the sauce is made with pantry staples. Ready in about 30 minutes!
2 large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
Pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Flour for dredging
2 tablespoons butter divided
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth or stock
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
4 cloves garlic minced
- Cut the chicken in half lengthwise so you have four thinner cutlets. Sprinkle the chicken with the pepper and garlic powder, and then coat it in flour.
- Add 1 tbsp of the butter and the olive oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan’s hot, add the chicken. Cook it for 4-5 minutes/side until golden.
- Take the chicken out of the skillet and set it aside.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the chicken broth, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and remaining butter. Return it to the heat and let the sauce bubble for about a minute or so.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and continue cooking until the sauce has reduced a bit and the chicken is fully cooked though (about 5 minutes). The sauce is not meant to be thick. If you want more of a glaze, you can add a cornstarch slurry if you wish. Serve immediately.
Let me know if you’ve made this honey soy garlic chicken.
Thank you, Samuel.
This was surprisingly delicious and easy to make. Definitely a keeper.