CRISPY ROASTED CHICKEN
You’ll love this Crispy Roasted Chicken Recipe for dinner! So good!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours 30 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 6 lbs whole chicken save leftovers for future recipes
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Thoroughly rinse the outside and inside of the chicken. Gently pat try with paper towels.
- Using your fingers, carefully lift up the skin on top of the chicken (near the neck) and pull up gently. With your other hand, gently separate the skin from the breast and thigh meat. Then take half of the garlic and stuff it in between the skin and meat, so that it is fairly evenly spread out. Take the remainder of the garlic and spread it all over the cavity inside the chicken.
- Then take the butter and baste the entire outside of the chicken. Sprinkle generously with freshly ground pepper and salt.
- Adjust oven rack to lowest position and preheat to 450 degrees. Place foil loosely in large roasting pan. Flip chicken so breast side faces down, tucking the wings under (as pictured below), and set V-rack in roasting pan on top of foil. Roast chicken 25 minutes.
- Remove roasting pan from oven. Using 2 large wads of paper towels, rotate chicken breast-side up. Baste briefly with pan juices or additional melted butter. Return to oven and continue to roast until instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of breast registers 135 degrees, 15 to 25 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 500 degrees. Continue to roast until skin is golden brown, crisp, and instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of breast registers 160 degrees and 175 degrees in thickest part of thigh, 10 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board and let rest, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Carve and serve immediately.