Pesto Chicken Bake, it sounds fancy doesn’t it? In reality this is one of the easiest recipes I have found on the web. It requires only 5 minutes prep and only 4 basic ingredients: chicken, basil pesto, mozzarella and fresh tomatoes.
It is such a versatile dish, you can literally serve it with almost anything. Pasta, potatoes, salads or bread.
Baked Pesto ChickenCourse: MainCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
4 Ingredient Pesto Chicken Bake is healthy, simple,delicious and requires just 5-minutes prep. Juicy chicken topped with fresh pesto, melty mozzarella and topped with vine ripened tomatoes.
4 small Chicken Breasts
1/2 cup Pesto
2 small tomatoes
4 slices Mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Season chicken breasts liberally with salt and pepper.
- Arrange chicken breasts onto a baking dish or rimmed baking sheet.
- Use a spoon to cover chicken with pesto.
- Top each chicken breast with 1 slice of mozzarella cheese and 2 sliced tomatoes.
- Bake for 20- 30 minutes (time will vary depending on thickness of chicken), or until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Broil the chicken the final 2 minutes so that the cheese is bubbly and golden. Serve immediately.