5-Ingredient Smothered Chicken BakeCourse: DinnerCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
This easy 5-ingredient chicken bake topped with crumbled bacon will make a quick weeknight meal.
3 slices bacon, chopped
1 cup diced red bell pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 cup basil pesto (from 7-oz container)
1 jar (15 oz) Alfredo pasta sauce
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp. Remove bacon with slotted spoon to paper towel-lined plate, leaving drippings in skillet.
- In same skillet, cook bell pepper in bacon drippings over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon to medium bowl.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with pepper. In same skillet, cook chicken breasts in bacon drippings over medium-high heat 2 to 4 minutes, turning once, until brown. Place chicken breasts in ungreased 11 x 7-inch (2-quart) baking dish.
- In medium bowl, stir bell pepper, pesto and Alfredo sauce until well blended. Pour over chicken. Cover with foil.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F). Sprinkle with chopped bacon.